Since the founding of Habitat for Missions (HFM) more than a decade ago, missions-minded investors have provided HFM with more than $1 million to help fund the purchase and renovation of project houses. Their support has been instrumental in the expansion of our ministry. And our proven business model has enabled us to leverage their investments to yield returns to date typically ranging from 25-31 percent, generating profits of more than $700,000 to support missionaries and ministries worldwide.
This success has created many new opportunities for HFM to partner with churches and organizations across the country on a house renovation project. You can help us turn these opportunities into additional dollars for missions support by putting your money to work with HFM.
There are two ways to invest in the ministry of HFM: The HFM Capital Loan Program and the HFM Legacy Fund.
THE HFM CAPITAL LOAN PROGRAM
Investors in HFM's Capital Loan Program help fund the purchase and renovation of project houses by loaning funds to HFM interest-free for a minimum of 12 months. The loans are administered by Wesleyan Investment Foundation (WIF), the investment arm of the Wesleyan Church. Our relationship with WIF assures investors that the funds they loan to HFM are as secure as any other WIF deposit.
Here is how the program works:
- Investors deposit their money for a minimum of 12 months in their own account at WIF.
- After the investor signs a release form (Addendum), WIF then loans the money interest-free to HFM to buy project houses and the needed renovation materials and products.
- On the agreed-upon date, loaned funds are returned to the investor's WIF account.
- The investor then can withdraw the funds, leave them in an interest-bearing WIF account or reinvest them with HFM.
THE HFM LEGACY FUND
For those seeking to make a lasting impact for global missions, investing in the Habitat for Missions Legacy Fund is a gift that keeps on giving.
Legacy Fund assets are used exclusively to purchase and renovate project houses. Once each house is completed and sold, the capital investment is returned to the Legacy Fund for use on the next HFM project. Since no administrative fee ever will be charged, investments in the Legacy Fund produce a continuing revenue stream for missions support in perpetuity.
HFM's goal is to secure investments of $1 million for the Legacy Fund, sufficient to fund projects that can yield $500,000 or more annually in missions support.
There are many ways to invest in the Legacy Fund:
- A cash donation;
- A donation of appreciated stocks and/or bonds;
- A donation of real estate (contact us for a copy of our policy governing our acceptance of such donations);
- A bequest in your will or estate plan.
To learn more about becoming an investor in either HFM's Capital Loan Program or the HFM Legacy Fund, contact HFM Executive Director Rev. Bill Foster at 765-506-6733 or email@example.com.